Thursday, September 2, 2010

Manger, New Orleans

Irene's is one of NO best places to eat. The meal that Alex and I had was some of the best food we have ever tasted. The wine list was amazing and we still talk about how my rib-eye melted in my mouth and Alex is yet to meet a crispy duck as good as there. The staff was so nice and when my parents dined there 5 months later they claimed to remember me and Alex. My dad description of us was that I was really beautiful and that Alex was bald. Ha ha. I am sure they were just being nice but I like it. I swear to you this restaurant rivals any New York or Philadelphia place.
Stella is were you go for fine dinning at it's best. Every dish is a work of art and the presentation is like nothing I have ever seen before. We were drawn to go here because of the name and man were we happy we did.
Lola's was the first place we ate. It is a short cab ride outside of the French Quarter and has a neighbor-hood feel to it. The wall are covered top to bottom with works from local artists. Its really laid back there and you can see into the kitchen.  The Spanish style garlic shrimp was to die for!!! We felt really comfortable there. Like, I could imagine being a regular there.
Bayona has the most amazing outside courtyard dinning. It was truly magical sitting out there drinking a glass of Malbec waiting for our table to be ready. The food was good, but the atmosphere was better.
Last but not least Cafe du Monde. I would just do anything for a beignet and a cafe au lait right now. It is a major tourist spot but I swear to you there is never not a right time for a beignet. These French donuts are just the best, melt in your mouth goodness ever.  They are perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack. Alex and I bought a can a chicory coffee to bring back and a beignet box mix...but its just not the same. We are going to brew ourselves some coffee on our anniversary. Which, just happens to be 24 days away. I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Ohhh, Alex and I can't wait to go back! We loved it there!!! I hope you all enjoyed my little tribute to New Orleans. xoxo claire

1 comment:

  1. Yep, those were your dad's words. They absolutely remembered the beautiful and bald couple on their honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails