Monday, January 17, 2011

Ira Glass


 “…most everybody I know who does interesting, creative work, they went through a phase of years where they had really good taste and they could tell what they were making wasn’t as good as they wanted it to be.”
“…it’s only by going through a volume of work that you’re actually going to catch up and close that gap.”

Every Wednesday night I work late until 9pm. I don't mind at all because that is what time Ira Glass's This American Life comes on. I love that show. My drive home is about 40 minutes home so I never get to hear the whole show but I always find his stories so awesome. Whether its about a family who consider a stuffed animal duck to be a real member of the family, a summer job at a middle of no where rest stop , the the rise and fall of inflation in Brazil according to a housewife and my sister's boyfriend's favorite about the adventures of summer camp ( I need to listen to that one still). I love Ira Glass, he looked nothing like I expected when I first saw him on television. The video above is a concept that I think every creative person can relate to. Take a listen and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails