Friday, January 29, 2010

"Casual Computing"



Warning!! This is not my typical type of post. But, I felt the need to expound on a article that I just read about the new Apple iPad on blurbomat.com. This website is written by Jon Armstrong who is the husband of the author of Dooce......A absolute must on your daily reads. Anyways. I love apple products and my ears did perk up when news broke that Steve Jobs would be announcing his new products on Wednesday. He said that there would be some newer versions of existing programs that work fine and great but will work even better with the updates. This is good but nothing to jump up and down about. The big news was the iPad. Its bigger than an iPhone ( I don't have one, I have Verizon...but have contemplated buying the iTouch) better than a Kindle because it can do more (obviously) and smaller than a laptop. So, you ask..."well, what is the point of it all?" The point you ask can be summed up in two little perfect words.....CASUAL COMPUTING. Let me explain. Let say you want to lounge on the sofa or curl up in bed and browse the web or read a book (like on a Kindle). You can do all this with your laptop but BUT really in only one position. You have to be sitting up. You can't be on your side and after a while if you are using your iPhone is going to run out of battery and everything is just too small after a time. The Kindle you can read on your side but when you are ready to so something else than well you can't. This is when the iPad comes in handy. Its just makes everything you want to do on the computer more comfortable...and sometimes that is really all that you want. To curl up and read a good book, I mean Kindle no no I mean an iPad in bed.

Do I want one? Yes. Do I want my Dad to get it first? Yes again. Will someone else want one too after they watch a demo on it? YES double YES!

So,WAY TO GO Apple! WAY TO GO!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you such a clever little marketer...Casual Computing?! I totally see branding in your future (if you want it)!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails