Friday, March 25, 2011

30 Boxes and a new floor

Our kitchen has the form of 30 boxes!! Yeah! We opened a couple boxes to make sure everything was just the way we ordered and they were and then just left them piled in the living room. The next project on the list was installing the new slate tile. The guys thought it would be a quick and easy project but unfortunately it has been the most difficult yet. The slate tile caused lots of problems, no one tile was alike or level. This made laying a grid pattern and having 1/8" space for grout impossible. A estimated 4 hour job took more like 24 hours. If we were to do it all over again we would have defiantly gone with a man made tile. But, Alex and Jose did make it work, they staggered the tile and the grout spacing increased. The images above of the floor are sans grout and when it is more complete I will make sure to post a picture. It does look pretty nice against the hard wood. We now have to scrub the tile super super clean and then seal it.

Phase 1
Phase 2
Phase 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails