Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Haptic Lab




I have just fallen in love with the "Soft-Map" quilts by Brooklyn based designer Emily Fisher of Hiptic Lab. It is just a perfect gift for a friend moving away from their home, newlyweds and new parents or me just because I would treasure it so. The quilts can be quite colorful, even custom but the solid color with the the roads and rivers and streets most appeals to me. I can't imagine how much time it takes to do something like this. So much energy put into each item. There is a really cool article the Herman Miller blog about the types of music and books on tape that Fisher listens to while she works. I remember in college for one interior design studio project I listened to the David Grey's CD "White Ladder" on repeat for about 14 hours.

What city would you get?

via swissmiss

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing!! Such a cool find Claire! I'd get Florence since I think about it ALL the time. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alena, I am in love with these quilts. I really want one. I would get New Orleans for sure.

      Delete
  2. YES!! I love these! I'd get NYC -- my dream city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, thanks for finding me. I can't wait to explore your blog and your writings. I love NYC too...but just to visit. I thought it might be fun to live there but alas after many may visits I realized I could never be a full time NY girl. Too big for me.

      Delete

You may also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails